Saturday, January 22, 2011

Burlington coat factory and other jobs

Due to my location and losing my license for 3 months due to a dui, I was stuck searching the surrounding area for a new job. Only problem- most places were fast food or grocery. I had already done both and trust me they both suck. When I was 15, I worked at subway. I was happy about it at the beginning. It helped me get out of my whopping $10 a week allowance. The job had it’s perks like free food, but also that was a down side because it helped me get fat. A summer of eating footlong double meat subs with 4x the bacon will do that, not to mention the sandwich creations I made up.

After I quit there I worked for dominick’s. Once again a job that was cool at first, but sucked in the long run. Eventually I had it and quit there to. During my time there I did do some fucked up shit. I used to steal alcohol from there. In the back room whenever even the slightest thing happened to liquor like a label coming off a bottle or a beer broke so what was left was an 11 pack, it would have to be put into damaged goods. There was no camera on that area. Trust me I had checked. So every now and then I would help myself to whatever I wanted. Another thing I did was hook up with one of the cashiers while she was dating another employee that I was friends with. I know. It was a douche move.

On to Burlington Coat factory, WORST JOB EVER! My job was in the warehouse. For 7 and a half hours a day, my job consisted of stapling price tags on the bottom of shoes. Yes I could listen to CD’s, but there’s only so many time you can listen to an album while doing that before you want to shoot yourself. While there I became friends with a bunch of the workers. One was this chick Marta. Boy did I have the hots for her. Another was this 17 yr old that wanted to bang me, definitely turned that down. Wasn’t looking for jail time. The third that had my interest was this single latina mom, for the life of me I can’t remember her name. I also became friends with the assistant manager. I was advise by him there not to go after Marta and the single mom because she was married and bullshit about it being frowned down upon by the corporation.

Little did I know that this job would introduce me to another world. Turns out the assistant manager was also a bartender at a gay bar and was bi-sexual, but that’s another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment