Saturday, January 22, 2011

Becoming a speakerman

While I was working at Burlington coat factory I was absolutely miserable with the job and couldn’t wait to get the fuck out of there. As soon as I got my license back I started answer ads for jobs. This job I happened to stumble across. Their ad stood out to me and said it was delivery. Within 3 days I had the job. My first day training I wasn’t sure what was going on, but went with it. My trainer was my future buddy J.B. he took me and another trainee out. We had a vehicle and a bunch of surround sounds and speakers in the back. He decided to drive out to the suburbs to work. I decided to just chit chat with the guy and figured we were on a delivery.

When he got to where he wanted to work he started pitching people driving. I was taken back by it for a minute, but payed attention. 3 hrs went by and he hadn’t sold anything yet. The other trainee started bitching and moaning. I looked back at him and told him to shut the fuck up and pay attention that this had to work, no way this guy has been doing this for 6 years and doesn’t make money. That was the last we heard him speak. Within the next hour I watched J.B. make $300. I was sold on this job right there and then because within 4 hours he made more than I was currently making in 40 hours.

The very next day I made my first sale and got off training.

No comments:

Post a Comment